THOR offers utility across multiple dimensions.
We’ve optimized the design of the $THOR token to:
- Incentivize trading, aka the “Trading Black Hole”
- Govern the THORSwap protocol in a decentralized manner
- Progressively decentralize towards majority ownership by the community
- Reward positive user actions and community contributions
- Fee-Sharing of THORSwap revenues with the community (see vTHOR)
- Permissioned access to content and apps
- Fund growth efforts and community projects
- Complement and accrue value to the $RUNE token, THORSwap community, and other THORChain ecosystem assets
THOR will be majority owned by the community, with almost two-thirds (65%) of the total supply distributed to the larger community.
50% of THOR’s total supply is allocated as “community incentives,” to be distributed across a wide variety of initiatives:
It’s important to remember:
$vTHOR holders receive 75% of THORSwap revenue in the form of #RealYield. This change means more rewards for $THOR stakers, while still providing our loyal community members with sizable trading discount benefit.
Furthermore, swaps of below $100USD in value will still remain free for all users.
NOTE: You must connect your ETH wallet holding $vTHOR to receive exchange fee discounts.
To ensure a balanced distribution of $THOR that fulfills the above-mentioned first principles, the weighting of THOR’s community distribution will be adjusted seasonally.
These seasonal adjustments will be informed by closely tracked metrics, and will eventually be determined by community governance.
Mugs, Tees, Hoodies - collect a wide range of rare items celebrating the THORChain ecosystem and major milestones. Plus, receive free NFT airdrops by collecting limited edition merch⚡
$THOR is integrated on HYVE — a leading Web3 Work freelancing marketplace.
Put your $THOR to work or earn $THOR for providing your expertise 💪